Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome Fall in CLE: A Trip to Petitti's Garden Center

A Trip to Petitti's Garden Center


It's officially fall here in Northeast Ohio--my favorite season! And what a better way to welcome in the season than with a trip to Petitti Garden Centers. I stopped in at the mega-store out in Avon, but with 9 different retail garden centers in the area, you'll be sure to find one close to your neck of the woods. Visiting the garden center is an insta-mood boost and has become a bit of a tradition for my Mom and me. Not only are the plants at Petitti's grown locally in Northeast Ohio, but the well-known garden center is owned and operated by the local Pettiti family! Ahh, an Italian family affair! :)

If you're a newbie gardener, you can check out the plant finder tool on Petitti's website that allows you to narrow your search according to season, height, light needs and more. You can come prepared, or stroll through the greenhouse to find a flower or plant that jumps out at you! 

mums fall flowers

Like these rows and rows of fall mums! Look at all those pretty colors--these are some of my faves!

petitti's garden center plants
petitti's garden center plants
 I love the deep purple and fuchsia colors for fall, like the leafy Coleus.


My  mom was a big fan of these white mums which look like rows of bridal bouquets! :)


Finally, I ended up choosing two of these pretty rust colored mums for the planters. I can't wait to get some local pumpkins to add in the weeks ahead too! So if you're looking for a fun way to spend a fall afternoon, I'd highly recommend a trip to Petitti's to get your fall flowers!

What's your favorite fall flower? What fall gardening tips/recommendations do you have for your fellow Clevelanders? Share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your positive thoughts!