Friday, December 16, 2011

Me Love You Long Time

Said rockstar in Venice Beach
Last night, I got to hang with a long time gal pal that I haven't seen in years! She is a total rockstar and one of those people who has a contagious spirit; you can't help but be in a good mood around her. Have you ever encountered someone like this before? You know, someone you feel like you've known a life time, get along with great, and has an effervescent personality-- full of positivity and good laughs.

Anyway, I got to hear all about her latest adventure-- teaching abroad in South Korea. I envy her bravery and how she is able to fly by the seat of her pants, and yet it all works out for her (good karma!) What an incredible experience she's had being in a new country, meeting other young people from all over the world-South Africa, Scotland, South Korea, all while teaching kids. Double awesome. She is full of adventure and you can read about it on her blog here: Choose Your Own Adventure. I would love the opportunity to travel abroad, and I was able to live vicariously  through her while she recounted her time overseas. You can read about more her dream job in Women's Adventure Magazine. So last night, we caught up, laughed, sipped some vino, and recalled our own mischievous adventures during our college days:

Typical
In the meantime, my spirits are refreshed by another Cleveland gal pal who still has a down-to-earth attitude but has had the chance to better herself by broadening her horizons, figuratively and literally. (I'll be saving my pennies for my own adventure soon! I've got the travel bug! Now where to begin............)

That private jet would come in pretty handy right about now...
So many exciting memories to create when you expose yourself to a whole new way of life! There are sweet people all over the world, and we're sending Cleveland's best to you, South Korea! Keep jammin girlfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your positive thoughts!