Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bad Girls-Namaste

I cannot complain about 2012! The first two weeks of the new year have been quite busy. (Way to combat the winter blues!) So let me share a few highlights of the fun events in CLE.

Last week, my fabulous sister @beautyfoodie graduated from her Bad Girl Ventures  program.

Said rockstar
I had the pleasure of attending her graduation held at Rosetta (gasp, their newly renovated office space is GORGEOUS! And so are the views!!)

Cotton candy sunset
Bad Girl Ventures is an awesome program recently started in Cleveland: "Bad Girl Ventures is intended to be a highly localized micro-lending organization focused on woman-owned startups." WIN! Clevelanders are full of good ideas and I particularly enjoyed hearing the incredible ideas that our female Clevelanders had to invigorate our city. (You go girls! Congratulations on all your hard work!)

I could go on and on about the program but I am a slightly partial to my rockstar sis who won $1,000.00 for her start-up idea "The Brunch Project." Learn more about it here (and invest capital in this genius idea!)


I am so very proud of her for the work she has put into this idea and her commitment to our lovely land of CLE. It was a terrific ceremony with wonderful views of the city, excellent food, and captivating energy in the room that made me leave there feeling inspired by all these outstanding Cleveland women!


Another event I recently became involved in is "Namaste" hosted by International Partners in Mission. It was a "positive challenge" (see previous post) that I had set for myself to become more involved in some of CLE's great organizations and this one is right up my alley! Their headquarters is right in Cleveland Heights, but they have an international presence: IPM works across borders of faith and culture on behalf of children, women, and youth to create partnerships that build justice, peace, and hope. I met some other enthusiastic young professionals this week at the first committee meeting, and I am thrilled to join the team! The "Namaste" event is a lot of fun:  featuring international food, live music, a wine bar, and a silent auction. This exciting event offers the opportunity for guests to learn more about IPM at information tables, and to celebrate our mission and work with great food and music. The event will be held in April this year at Trinity Cathedral Commons in downtown Cleveland. I will be sure to keep you updated as the event approaches and I become more involved. Stay up to date by liking them on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. You're the best sister ever. Thanks for your support! I couldn't do it without you

    ReplyDelete

Share your positive thoughts!