|Garden Ingredient: Chocolate Mint|
Drink: Chocoffee Mint Milkshake
|Source: Pinterest via Food Frenzy|
Serves : 3 tall glasses
- 500 ml full fat milk Or skimmed milk
- 250 gms dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp instant espresso coffee powder
- 14 to 15 chopped mint leaves
- few ice cubes
- Double boil dark chocolate Or microwave on high power for a minute.
- Combine melted chocolate, mint leaves, cocoa powder and espresso. Grind them into a processor until they combine well.
- Now add milk and ice cubes. Grind again until they are evenly incorporated. Check the taste add if sugar required.
- Serve in tall glasses Or mugs. Garnish with chocolate shavings, mint leaves Or a dollop of icecream.
Garden Ingredient: Lemon Verbena
Drink: Lemon Verbena Lemonade
|Source: Pinterest via Amanda Colo|
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon verbena leaves
- 5 cups fresh lemon juice, strained (from about 24 lemons)
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat, and add lemon verbena.
- Cover, and steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve, and let cool completely.
- Combine lemon juice and lemon verbena syrup in a pitcher.
- Fill glasses with lemon verbena ice, and divide lemonade among glasses.
Garden Inredient: Lavender
|Source: Pinterest via Kate Cooper|
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender blossoms
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons gin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix hot water and dried lavender blossoms in bowl. Let steep 5 minutes.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup honey.
- Strain into another bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the honey syrup, gin, and lemon juice; strain into cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into 2 chilled Martini glasses.
Garden Ingredients: Hibiscus + Mint
- 15 to 20 mint leaves, plus a nice sprig for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces light rum
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup loosely packed dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 cup sugar
- Bring the water to boil.
- Remove from the heat, then steep the hibiscus flowers for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, stirring until fully melted, and allow the hibiscus flowers to steep for another 5 minutes.
- Strain out the flowers and allow hibiscus tea to cool at room temperature.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until ready to drink.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the sugar and lime juice (the sugar granules help bruise the mint and extract flavor).
- Add the rum, hibiscus tea, and a few ice cubes, and shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and serve.
Garden Ingredient: Basil
Strawberry Basil Smash
|Source: Pinterest via Patricia Hernandez|
- 2 oz SKYY Vodka (you can also use SKYY Infusions Dragonfruit)
- 2 strawberries, hulled
- 2 basil leaves
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Splash of soda water
- In a mixing glass, muddle the strawberries with the basil, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Add the SKYY vodka.
- Top with crushed ice.
- Top with a splash of soda water and stir.
- Garnish with strawberry.