Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Recap: Cleveland Wine Fest & Celebrating Father's Day


Another awesome weekend in CLE and the perfect combo of relaxation, friends, family and fun!

On Saturday I checked out the Cleveland Wine Festival at Voinovich Park. Last year, I only got to briefly enjoy the Wine Fest because a big thunderstorm rolled in right off the lake. So I was pumped to get to go this year with partly sunny skies, new friends and lots o' good vino!

My favorite wines were "Paco Red Experience" from Jackson Family Wines and "Hob Knob Wicked Red." There was wine slushies, sangria, sweet, dry, whites, reds, blushes, local and international wines--something for everyone's tastbuds! Plus live music, great people watching, and a beautiful backdrop of the city! 


I had a blast at the event and was happy to hang with Sara and her group of CLE homies! Hooray for fun times and fab new friends!

To kickoff Father's Day, I wanted to surprise my Dad with a tasty dessert for our family cookout. There's a giant mulberry tree in the backyard that is just covered with berries and was begging to be picked. I previously pinned a recipe for a mulberry cobbler on Pinterest..so perfect timing! I foraged these berries, hahaha, and was so excited to try this new recipe.. I'm going to post the full recipe and steps but here is a little sneak peek :)

Holy mulberries!
Proof: I CAN bake!

It turned out to be a wicked success...and great finish to the fantastic burgers and sausages my Dad fired up on the grill.


Totally in the zone!

It was such a nice relaxing day with the whole family and just hanging out, cracking jokes with my Dad.

He's always known how to make me laugh :)
Like Father, like Daughter! Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Thanks for always helping me keep my sense of humor, staying grounded, encouraging me, and teaching me how to be "one smooth operator!" :)

Did you attend the Cleveland Wine Fest? What's your favorite wine? How did you celebrate Dad this Father's Day?

3 comments:

  1. I love the Wine Fest and was so bummed to miss it this year, especially since the weather was so perfect. We have a ton of mulberries in our yard too...I have to get to baking with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend! I'll have to check out this Wine Fest next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That view from Voinovich Park is STUNNING! I really need to go to this next year.

    ReplyDelete

Share your positive thoughts!