Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Meditation: It Takes Chaos

Hi there! Well the month of May was officially b-a-n-a-n-a-s. A fierce sprint through chaos and unexpected changes.

Have I been preoccupied? Yes. Have I questioned the future? Yes. Have I felt a zillion emotions but don't feel like spilling it out to everyone? Yes. Do I believe everything will work itself out? Yes. Do I love my life? Yes. Do I trust in the journey? Yes.

But here's the part I struggle with: the uncertainty that envelopes change and then sitting with that ambivalence. Whether it's the uncertainty of a job, a meeting, a move, a diagnosis, a phone call, a child, a loved one, an announcement, a nuptial, an outcome. Life presents so many opportunities to invoke that unsettling feeling of worry in NOT knowing what to expect, no matter how diligently we try to plan it. Everyone can relate to that exhaustion of trying to nail down jello.
Rilke
Image Source via Pinterest
Can you blame a gal? It's tough to sit with the unsolved (hence the mega-hit show, Unsolved Mysteries). And well, I'm only (an event-planning, organized, worried, empathetic, control-freak) human. That's when it finally hit me........ I am ONLY human. As much as try to plan, research, organize, worry, empathize and control life... I can't! It's extraordinarily humbling and challenging to let go of control and embrace the chaos of changes that life throws you.
He can take care of you... oh yeah.
Image Source via Pinterest
Reread that. As I've turned inward the past few weeks, I've found comfort in the notion that there IS a bigger plan unfolding right before me. I am being taken care of and have so much to look forward to. I may not know exactly how things will go, but I've got to trust I am exactly where I am supposed to be on my journey. And wrap myself up in self-love. The chaos is leading to some beautiful change. Let the path reveal itself. And breathe.

push through challenging times
Image Source via Pinterest
How do you let go of control? How do you cope with bad news? What do you do when you feel uncertain about change(s)? Do you believe in a "higher" or "greater" life plan? Are you a planner or fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants person?

Lots of love, stay positive and keep JAMmin!

1 comment:

  1. What a great meditation! I'm also horrible with uncertainty, but I'm trying to learn that so far life has led me where I need to go, so there's no reason to think that will change now. Hang in there and keep breathin' and jammin' :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share your positive thoughts!