Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Meditation: When You're Sick and Tired, Say Thank You!

I woke up today, and yep, the germs got me! Officially feel like this:

Pinned Image
A sick. tired and sad little bear
Source



My body is begging me to slow down and be kind to it, whether I want to or not.
And when you're sick and tired of being sick and tired, just remember....


Pinned Image
Counting down...
Source

Pinned Image
Because..
Pinned Image
Source


I choose to thank all the wonderful people who offered to hold me together today:

Pinned Image
Source

- Gina for your kind phone call and "prayers to sweet infant Baby Jesus." And for driving all the way across town after a long day of work just to hang with me, boost my spirits, and bring me good magazines to read while I am sick and bumming
- Julie for your Menchie's offer! (I will take you up on that walk once I am feeling better!)
- Mom for overcoming your technology challenges and sending me a kind text message today
- All my co-workers for your sweet get-well emails and ordering me to go home and go to bed!
- Danny for thinking of me and treating me like a member of your family too, cheering me up, and always putting family first, now that's a good man!
- Allison for offering me a great book to read during my down time, and sharing some awesome advice with me :)
- Evan for writing me a hilarious and eloquent haiku about the flu bug to make me laugh. Man it was great.
- Brett for taking the time out of your day to say feel better, stock up on Airborne and get better for the party this weekend (Airborne and spiked cider would go together too, right?)
- Marie for calling to see how I am, and putting the doctor on blast for not giving me a prescription, yes, total B.S. and offering to move to another country with me, thanks for always having my back, girl!
-And my Dad, he may take the cake...for going to out to buy me Vitamin C, lady products, AND a DQ Blizzard! Now THAT is LOVE!
 
Thank you to all the amazing people who have taken care of me today, and everyday! Choose people in your life who only LIFT YOU UP! I often am the caregiver, but sometimes, you need to let people take care of YOU! Even sitting here writing those people out made me stop and realize, wow, I am so blessed for all these people who took time out of THEIR day to make ME feel better!!! No benefits, selfish motivations, or agendas except to share their love WITH ME! Perspective...
 

Pinned Image
Even when I'm feeling down, there are so many good people who love me in this city.
Thank you for holding me together during the rough days.
 I love you, CLE! I choose to build you up, as you do me.
Source




1 comment:

  1. Since I've been home sick today, I totally needed this post! Thanks! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Share your positive thoughts!