Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gotta Love the Grub!

Last night, one of my fave gal pals, Marie,  came over to check out the new pad. (I can't wait for more girls nights to come!!!) It was great to catch up, have some girl talk, and enjoy her delicious surprise too....
Boo for cell phone images being dark...

She is incredibly thoughtful and brought over some absolutely ah-mazing homemade Lebanese food. In case you didn't know...I LOVE Middle Eastern food. Thanks to the influence of the Persian part of the family, hummus and pita, stuffed olives, mujadara and spicy lamb kebabs are just a portion of Mid Eastern food my palate craves...YUMMMM! I was so pumped when she surprised me with a dish I had never tried before...and let me tell you...I hoovered them down so quickly because they were AWESOME!


These are called kousa mihshi (stuffed zucchini). They're filled with meat, rice, tomatoes, and secret spices. I found the recipe online, but will try to get her to spill the family recipe too since they were so downright delightful!

I have to give our great city of CLE some credit too, because we have some delicious Middle Eastern cuisine represented here. Judy's Oasis is a must stop anytime I go to the West Side Market.


Anatolia Cafe in the Cedar-Lee District is my go to date place with JMK, and their Sigara Böreği is literally out of this world good!


 Aladdin's Eatery, which has multiple locations in the area, has some standard wraps & pita pockets--my tasty reliable choice is the Falaffel Pocket. Never fails me!


Ranging from Lebanese, to Persian, to Turkish, and other Middle Easter cuisine--Cleveland certainly has a wide variety of ethnic cuisine that I can't get enough of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your positive thoughts!